Size of the client company: French multinational company based in Paris, including several leading brands in the luxury, sports&Lifestyle and retail segments distributed in 120 countries. The company currently employs over 38,800 people with a turnover of approximately 12 billion Euros.
Project duration: total duration of 3 years, including consulting, support and development of the plugin software for the customization of the graphical interface (120 days).
- Size of client company: Turnover: 12 billion € | Employees: 38,800
- Scope of development: E-learning
- What we did: Consulting, development, support
- Project duration: Total: 3 years | 120gg graphical interface
The initial scenario
E-time was commissioned by an important group operating in the fashion sector to guide it in the implementation of a customization of the Docebo E-learning platform, a tool already consolidated within the group and which follows the 70:20:10 training model, an approach oriented towards the knowledge generated by people, which aims at enhancing the hidden knowledge of the organization.
The initial customer need was to have a Retail interface usable by mobile devices (tablets and smartphones) aligning with the customer request of aestetic harmony and usability.
The retail portal
We then proceeded to the development and subsequent implementation of a dedicated graphical interface continuing with the development of integration of solutions already present in the company for product interoperability, allowing unique access and consultation of data and reports of data and reports exportable in different formats (CSV, Microsoft Office Excel, PDF).
The objective of the Solution Integration was to obtain a more flexible platform being able to respond to any kind of customer needs.
The new features introduced
Dedicated graphic customization
CSS, fonts, custom images and graphic layout customized for the different types of devices (ipad, iphone, desktop).
Tag management for cross-country course segregation
Allows governance management to a group of privileged users, leaving usability and management unaffected to other users without management permissions.
Allows the super admin and power users to set additional filters for a partial view of the platform data. This allows, for example, PUs [Powerusers] with access right to the whole of Europe, to have to have a partial view of only some countries (e.g. Italy) and the following related data.
- Average Score per Course: the average score (score/rating) of users who participated in the course;
- Average Time per Course: average total time spent on the course by users;
- Part-time: partial time of use of the course by the individual user.
Integrated the possibility of displaying extra columns in the list of courses and in the list of users, to highlight additional information.
Custom Timeline / Graph
Modification of default settings by removing the time constraint of the last 2 weeks, applying user-manageable filters for the temporal display of statistics for the temporal display of statistics.
Custom Data Extraction / Reports
- Adding additional columns in custom reports;
- COURSE_CATEGORY_FULL_PATH: absolute reference of the position of the reference course within the organization chart of the various courses;
- SUM_LO_ESTIMATE_TIME: total estimated time for all LOs (Learning Objects ) of the course;
- SUM_LO_ACTUAL_TIME: total actual time of the user in the course (sum of time spent in individual LOs);
- SUM_LO_GLOBAL_TIME: ratio between the total estimated time and the user’s actual user’s actual time in the course.
Data extraction for business and HR
- Reports with aggregated data for courses;
- Report with list of individual user evaluations individual users with search by list of users and users and list of courses;
- Report with list of questions and answers and answers of individual users with search by list of users and list of courses;
- Excel export with pivots and cross-referenced information between cross-referenced between user reports, activations cross country courses and evaluations.
Creation of APIs with specific functionality required by the customer
- Import of data (users) from external platforms (Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service)
- Synchronization of retail codes between users and external application;
- Functionality of moving, activating, deactivating users.
Implementation of different types of platform access, including:
- Synchronized user repository from Xstore (Oracle Retail Xstore) in which there is located the list of employees enrolled in stores;
- “temporary” access related to seasonal employees not enrolled in the Xstore, but enrolled directly in the platform through a customized form.
- Corporate access, with SSO through Active directory, reserved for employees who work in the corporate offices.